What data do we collect
CYBERS may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data includes bank account;
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions or similar data;
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services;
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving information and marketing from us and third parties related to us and your communication preferences;
- Educational, School, Organizational and Career Data when processing work-related applications, or joining our company.
How do we collect your data
CYBERS uses different methods to collect data from and about you through:
You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or in person. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- correspond with CYBERS;
- register for an event;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- you are applying for a job;
- you are applying for a internship;
- access resources;
- participate in surveys; or
- give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions
We may collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns including the IP address used; login information; browser type and version, operating systems, and platforms when you interact with our website. We may also collect information about your visit including the pages you visited; what you searched for; length of visits and methods used to browse away from the page. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside or outside the EU;
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources;
- Identity and/or contact data from third parties to which you have given consent to share your data to hear about the products and services of CYBERS.
How will we use your data
When we ask you to supply us with personal data, we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
Where the collection of data is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third party’s legitimate interests. These interests are:
- communicating with you in relation to any queries, issues, complaints, financial transactions;
- improving the quality of experience when you interact with our products or services including testing the performance and customer experience of our website;
- improving the quality of experience when you interact with us directly through our customer services department;
- performing analytics on sales or marketing data, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Contract based data processing
Where there is a contract, we will be processing your data to fulfil our obligations under such contract. We may use your personal data to fulfil a contract or take steps linked to a contract:
- to provide the products and/or services to you;
- to communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contracted products and services;
- to provide you with support such as services, security and responding to issues;
- to provide an improved customer experience;
- to provide you with surveys, information about our events, offers and promotions, related to the products and/or services.
Consent based data processing
Where you have given your express permission to receive marketing communications, we may use your data to send you newsletters, surveys, information about our events, offers and promotions, related to products and services which may be of interest to you.
Where required by law
We may also process your personal data if required by law, including responding to requests by government or law enforcement agencies or for the prevention or crime or fraud.
CYBERS would like to end you information about products and services and events of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
You have the right at any time to stop CYBERS from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please let us know by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights
You have legal rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal data. We may ask you for proof of identity when making a request to exercise any of these rights. We do this to ensure we only disclose information when we know we are dealing with the right person.
We will not charge you for any of these requests unless we think your request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Where a fee is necessary, we will inform you before we proceed with your request.
We will respond to all valid requests within 30 days. It may however take us longer if the request is particularly complicated or you have made several requests. We will always let you know if we think a response will take longer than one month. To speed up our response, we may ask you provide more detail about what you want to receive or are concerned about. We may not always be able to do what you have asked, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are otherwise legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
The right to be informed
You can ask us what data we hold on to you and what we do with it.
The Right of Access [Data Subject Access Request (DSAR)]
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold about you. Please note that CYBERS will not provide copies of any emails sent to or received from yourself as you already have received this information. We also will not provide any internal emails or documents that may contain your name unless the information contained in the email is:
- significantly biographical with regards to you as the data subject and/or
- you as the data subject were the focus of attention in the document.
We may be unable to make all information available to you if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person or if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Right of Rectification (Correcting Personal Information)
You can ask us to correct any information about you which is incorrect. We will be happy to correct such information but may need to verify the accuracy of it first.
Right to Be Forgotten
You can ask us to:
- erase your personal information if you think we no longer need to use of for the purpose we collected it from you;
- erase your personal information if you have either withheld your consent to use your information (if we originally asked for your consent to use your information) or exercised your right to object to further legitimate use of your information, where we have used it unlawfully or where we are subject to a legal obligation to erase your personal information.
We may not always be able to comply with your request, for example, if we need to keep using your personal information to comply with our legal obligations or where we need to use it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to Withdrawing Consent
Where we have asked for your consent to use your personal information, you will always have the right to withdraw your consent.
Requesting a transfer of personal information (data portability)
You can ask us to:
- provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format,
- or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller (i.e., another organization).
You can only do this where we use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you, or where we asked for your consent to use your personal information. This right does not apply to any personal information which we hold, or process based on our legitimate interest, or which is not held in digital form.
What are cookies?
CYBERS uses “cookies” on its website. A cookie is essentially a text file that is stored on the user’s device when visiting a website. Cookies are used to determine and store preferences, regional settings, service usage options, etc. You can read more here All About Cookies.
- save visitor preferences,
- make websites work,
- collect analytics data (on user behavior).
What types of cookies do we use
We use types of cookies following:
- Functionality cookies – CYBERS uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising cookies – CYBERS uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our site, including the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. CYBER sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Necessary cookies – Session cookies, the purpose of which is to enable you to use the services offered on our website. These cookies help authenticate users and prevent malicious use of user accounts. Without these cookies, we will not be able to provide you with the requested services.
How to manage your cookies
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +372 669 9707
Write to us at: Security Software OÜ, Pärnu mnt 158/1, 11317 Tallinn, Estonia
How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that CYBERS has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the management.
Address: Security Software OÜ, Pärnu mnt 158/1, 11317 Tallinn, Estonia